Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Who's Who - Osa Johnson


And finally for the Who's Who of Chamber Music we come to Osa Johnson.

I find the fact that Osa 's  story has largely been forgotten by history. Pearl White while I had not heard of by her name, I had heard of 'The Perils of Pauline" But Osa...nothing. I had no clue.

But...

When I was a kid, on Sunday afternoons, there use to be on  channel 13 "Jungle Theater" Lots of Tarzan movies, I was raised by the TV, so I rarely missed one.  If you have a knowledge of  those old films you will remember the insert shots. the stock nature shots, of lions on the savanna, or monkeys in the trees, those were more often than not shot by the Johnsons.

Since she was a videographer, I thought a video was the correct way to go. , I am going to simply put this link here, and let you see her for yourselves. It's a good place to begin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-U_5Q4CHlM'



No comments:

Post a Comment